Wednesday, March 19, 2008

August Rush

Recently, I watched the newly released movie, August Rush. This is a great story of adventure, love, music, and family. The movie starts with a lonely 11 year old boy in an orphanage. Desperate to find his parents, Evan sets out into New York City, following the music he hears around him. As he wanders about, he meets a boy who is singing and playing guitar in the park. The boy brings him to an old rundown building where other homeless kids are. There he meets Wizard, a slightly crazy street musician who is the guardian of them, and who taught them how to play. Evan learns to play guitar and becomes the best musician on the street. Meanwhile, a sad young woman discovers that her child who she thought had been miscarried is alive. And a lonely Irish rocker can't stop thinking of a girl he lost long ago.

~ Again this is an awesome movie and I highly recommend it. I don't usually cry at movies (except Where The Red Fern Grows) and I must say I had tears in my eyes!!~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we LOVED this movie...and we just saw it a couple of days ago too... i'm glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!

Thanks for the comment! Yes, you should certainly try one of those recipes some time. They are so awesome!

I haven't seen that movie, but it sure sounds interesting. Last night we watched 'The King And I.' Have you seen that? It was not a very accurate rendering of the true story at all, but it was hilarious. We need to see the newer one too. I heard it was more realistic.

We also borrowed 'Chariots of Fire,' the story of Eric Liddel, and I really enjoyed that. I thought it was all just very well done and very inspiring.

Well, that's all!

Namarie,
Raora