Monday, March 24, 2008

As I sit by the computer, I think of how long winter has been, and how far away spring seems to be. Yes, I know the seasons have already changed on the calender, but according to the weather, and the chill in my bones, the battle for warmth, sun, flowers, and gentle breezes has just begun. Winter doesn't want to retreat to the North just yet, and Spring can't wait to return. Winter is no longer the quiet wonderland I've been enjoying, but a cold, heartless, freezing punishment. However, robins are a cheery reminder that sunny days are soon to come, and small buds on trees are starting to show.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hannah - you write so well! well chosen words - it sounds like poetry. winter will soon be over, and in one month you'll be able to spend some time here in warm texas!