Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love the Woods!

I live on a mountain, in the hills, surrounded by woods, and I LOVE IT!!! It's so peaceful up here! A dirt road, run down rock walls, graceful pine trees, a quiet pond. I love waking up to the sun rising above the mountain and valley view. Ok I'm exaggerating about the view, but the dawning sun is still nice. Chickadees, woodpeckers, robins, chipmunks, and squirrels come and gather around our birdfeeder. Deer cautiously walk by on their way to the meadow (actually it's a field, but "meadow" sounds better). We even have a grouse that comes by every once in a while. Again I love it here and I hope it never changes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so cool to hear you talk about the same things that i loved about that house on that hill. those woods hold so many memories, so many solitary conversations, so many tears for me ... and it's only right that the next generation (you) can carry it on! there's a rock that used to be by the pond ... i don't know if it's still there. but i used to sit up there for hours - reading, dreaming, etc. there's also a stone wall at the corner of the woods above the pond and up there you can see the church and fox creek ... inspiring!!! thanks for sharing what you love!! :) love you!

Anonymous said...

i have seen it ... but i thought it was really sad... :(