Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Every once in a while I imagine what life would be like if I was an only child. The house wouldn't be so loud, I wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night to a squealing toddler who doesn't want to stay in her bed. It wouldn't be as hard to get on the computer, and no one would be telling me to get off every 5 minutes. Anyway, I was going to finish my school work when Mom asked me to take Abby outside to play. I did, though longing to get school done. I put the coat on my smiling sister and headed outside. Holding my hand, she led me to her imaginary house. Seeing a slide we brought from our red house (which we are selling), she asked politely if I could take it down. I tried to get her to change her mind, but arguing with a 3 year old (or at least Abby) when she wants a slide, doesn't work very well. I got the slide down, and seeing her joyful face made me fell so good. When Bannon asked me to play basketball, I couldn't say no. His grinning face, and Cotter saying "good job" when I made a basket, made me realise how lucky I am to have brothers and sisters. I'd be so lonely! No one to play air hockey with, no one to laugh with, no one to argue with. I'd be out of my mind with boredom! When Abby came over and hugged my leg, and said " I love you Heenna (Hannah), your my best friend! " I knew that it's worth it.

0 comments: